My Birthday

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My birthday was amazing this year. Everyone went out of their way to make it special. All my coworkers at work signed a card and gave me a gift certificate to Crate & Barrel. Then I got to pick my favorite restaurant for lunch. I went to Tao which is an amazing Asian restaurant. It's actually where the speed dating scene is shot in Hitch. For my birthday, they brought me out a giant fortune cookie filled with custards. It was delicious. If that wasn't enough dessert, my coworkers also bought me a cheesecake and even had me blow out the candles.
Then Camas had told me we were going out to dinner and that afterwards she had invited some friends over for some cake and ice cream. She refused to tell me where we were going for dinner. When we showed up at the restaurant, some of my close friends were there to surprise me. It was so awesome. I don't think anyone has ever had a surprise party for me. It was fun. (Thanks to all those who came.) The food was great too. It was a place called Dinosaur BBQ. Who would have thought that you can get some good BBQ in New York City.

Then we moved the party to Megan and Mitzi's apartment for cake and ice cream. It was a great night.
My birthday was on a Thursday, but there were so many of my friends with birthdays the same week as mine. So, we decided to have a joint party for all of us on Friday night. We had a friend who knew this lady with a penthouse apartment and terrace overlooking the Guggenheim museum and Central Park. It was the perfect place for a party, with amazing views. It just topped off an awesome birthday week.

1 comments:

David and Deena said...

Happy Birthday, Jason! What a fun, memorable b-day. You have great friends! (and family!)

 
Jason's Happenings - by Templates para novo blogger