March Madness

Thursday, March 27, 2008


I don’t know about you, but my bracket has just sucked this year! I have no chances of winning. When I was making my bracket, I remember thinking: “With these match-ups, I don’t think there are going to be many upsets this year.” Boy have I been wrong.

Anyway, in the spirit of March Madness, I had to do a basketball post. In the middle of March, one of the partners in my group had extra tickets to the Big East Conference Tournament held at Madison Square Garden. It was my first time in the Garden, so I had to document the experience. They tout themselves as the best arena in the world. I don’t know about that for sure, but it was still a nostalgic experience.

My good friend Brent Thurgood came with me as we enjoyed the Pittsburgh-Cincinnati game. It was actually a really good game, but we decided to call it a night after one game. It was just the beginning of an enjoyable season of basketball.

Last week at work, we have what some people like to term “The Lunch of No Return.” We left the office at noon on the first day of the NCAA tournament. A lot of the partners and senior managers came with us for an extended lunch (2 hours). We were then assigned to reserve our spot the rest of the day in case people from the office wanted to stop in to catch a game. We were also told to keep the food coming. All I have to say is that getting paid to watch six hours of basketball is my kind of work.

1 comments:

Livi said...

I never really understood March madness but I'd love to learn :)

 
Jason's Happenings - by Templates para novo blogger