The Met

Tuesday, November 27, 2007






So I have been a little behind on my blog posts. I have had intentions for writing the last couple of weeks, but I just never seemed to find time, until now. That is why there are three posts all at once.

I had the opportunity to go the Metropolitan Museum of Art a couple of weekends ago, so I thought I would share my experience there. It is a massive museum. I have wanted to go since I moved here, but I wasn’t sure how keen I would be on seeing art for hours on end. Boy, was I surprised. They actually have a lot of cool things there. One wing contains a lot of Egyptian “art” including sarcophaguses and even a real stone Egyptian temple that they moved over here. Another wing of the museum has armor from the dark ages and even Samurai armor. Other wings have Greek and Roman art and sculptures. Then one of the most famous paintings of the museum is “Washington Crossing the Delaware.” This painting is huge. It is probably 30 feet by 15 feet. I was just in awe when I saw it. It was a fun adventure to one of the greatest museums in the country.




0 comments:

 
Jason's Happenings - by Templates para novo blogger